CV- Dr. Pranjali Gadgil
M.B.B.S American Board of Surgery Certified Surgeon, Fellow in Breast Diseases.
College: B.J. Medical College, Pune, India
University: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, India
Dates Attended: MBBS Curriculum: 01/07/1999- 31/12/2003 Rotatory Internship: 01/01/2004-31/12/2004
Degree: M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
Date of Degree Certificate: 12/5/2005
General Surgeon (American Board of Surgery)
1) Preliminary Surgery
Rochester MN, USA.
Dates Attended: 24/06/2006- 27/06/2007
Supervisor: David Farley M.D.
2) General Surgery
University of Texas Health Science Center
San Antonio, TX, USA.
Dates Attended: 01/07/2007 – 30/06/2012
Supervisor: Daniel Dent. M.D.
Breast Surgery Fellowship (Society of Surgical Oncology, USA)
Fellowship in Diseases of the Breast
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Center,
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Little Rock AR, USA
Dates Attended: 1/7/2012 - 30/06/2013
Supervisor: V. Suzanne Klimberg M.D.
American Board of Surgery
Certificate No: 57709
Date of Certification: 28/01/2013
ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
Certificate No: 0-677-754-4
Date of Certification: 13/01/2006
Fundamentals in Laparoscopic Surgery
Certificate No: 53017026019
Certificate Date: 29/12/2010
1) American Society of Breast Surgeons
2) J. Bradley Aust Surgical Society, UT Health Science Ctr.
3) Mayo Clinic Alumni Association
4) Association of Breast Surgeons of India
5) Indian Medical Association
Pimiento JM, Gadgil PV, Santillan AA, Lee MC, Esposito NN, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Hartley TL, Yeh IT, Laronga C.
J Am Coll Surg. 2011 Oct;213(4):537-42
Kumar A, Puri R, Gadgil PV, Jatoi I.
World J Surg. 2012 Jul;36(7):1453-9.
3) Breast cancer nomogram to predict positive sentinel lymph nodes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. L. Allen, R. Bassett, P. Gadgil, G.V. Babiera, I. Bedrosian, K.K. Hunt, H.K. Kuerer, F. Meric-Bernstam, E.A. Mittendorf, M.I. Ross, M. Yi and R.F. Hwang.
4) Management of Bleeding from Percutaneous Breast Core Biopsies.
Pranjali V Gadgil, V Suzanne Klimberg.
Annals of Surgical Oncology.2013 Oct;20(10):3348
5) Nipple Skin-Sparing Mastectomy is Feasible for Advanced Disease.
E Burdge, J Yuen, M Hardee, P Gadgil C Das, R Henry-Tillman1,D. Ochoa, S Korourian, V S Klimberg. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2013 Oct;20(10):3294-302.
6) Surgeon Performed Touch Prep Cytology of Breast Core Biopsies May Provide Accurate Same Day Diagnosis and Expedite Treatment Planning.
Pranjali V Gadgil, Soheila Korourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014 Apr;21(4):1215-21.
Oral Paper Presentations
1) American Society of Breast Surgeons Annual Meeting May 2013
Management of Bleeding from Percutaneous Breast Core Biopsies.
Authors: Pranjali Gadgil, V Suzanne Klimberg, UAMS Little Rock, AR.
Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil.
2) Indian Cancer Congress Nov 2013
Accuracy and Impact of Touch Prep Cytology of Core Biopsies in Same Day Diagnosis of Breast Lesions. Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, Soheila Korourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg. UAMS Little Rock, AR
Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
3) Pune Oncology Group Feb 2016
Impact of NCCN guidelines for HBOC Genetic Testing in Indian Breast Cancer Patients
Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil1, Nikhil Phadke2
1. Jehangir Breast Center , Pune 2. GenepathDx
Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
4) Pune Oncology Group Feb 2016
Outcome of Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy at an Indian Breast Center
Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, Sattyajit Gill, Nutan Jumle, Shilpa Kajale. Jehangir Breast Care Center, Pune, India.
Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
1) SSO (Society of Surgical Oncology) 64th Annual Cancer Symposium March 2011
Title: Phyllodes Tumors: Race Related Differences
Authors: Jose Mario Pimiento1, Pranjali Gadgil2, Alfredo A. Santillan2, M Catherine Lee1, Taylor L. Hartley1, I-Tien Yeh2, Nicole N Esposito1, John V Kiluk1, Christine Laronga1.
1. H. Lee Moffitt Caner Center, Tampa, Florida, 2. University of Texas health Science Center,San Antonio,TX.
2) ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Breast Symposium September 2012
Title: Nomogram to predict sentinel lymph node involvement in patients with clinically node-negative breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
Authors: Lisa R. Allen, Pranjali V. Gadgil, Roland Bassett Jr., Kelly Hunt, Elizabeth Ann Mittendorf, Min Yi, Gildy Babiera, Henry Mark Kuerer, Merrick I. Ross, Isabelle Bedrosian, Funda Meric-Bernstam, Rosa F. Hwang. UT-M.D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX.
3) ASBS (American Society of Breast Surgeons) Annual Meeting, Chicago 2013
Title: Surgeon Performed Cytology Provides Accurate Sam Day Diagnosis of Breast Lesions. Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, Soheila Korourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock,
4) ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Breast Symposium, San Francisco 2015
Title: Breast Cancer Survivorship in Urban India Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil1, Shona Nag1,2, Anupama Mane3, Rebecca DeSouza2, Rama Sivaram2, Sudeep Gupta4. 1) Jehangir Hospital, Pune, 2) Nag Foundation, 3) Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, 4) Tata Cancer Center Mumbai.
5) Tata Memorial Platinum Jubilee Conference, Mumbai Jan 2016
Titile: Confirmation of Variants Identified by Next Generation Sequencing: Is Orthogonal Testing Essential?
Authors: N Gogate1, T Wathare1, P Gangodkar1, S Ranade1, A Pilankar1, K Patil1, M Agarwal1, K Khatod1, K Kelkar1,7 P Gadgil5,6, V Khadilkar3,4, V Ramanan2,7,, and N Phadke1
1)GenePath Dx, Causeway Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. Pune. 2) Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune. 3)Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Jehangir Hospital, Pune. 4) Hirabai Cowasji Jehangir Medical Research Institute, Pune. 5) Breast Center, Jehangir Hospital, Pune. 6) Prime Surgical Centers, Pune. 7)KEM Hospital, Pune.
1) Mammography Screening in women aged 50 years and under.
Early Breast Cancer from Screening to Multidisciplinary Management. 3rd Edition.
Authors :Ismail Jatoi, Pranjali V Gadgil
Awards & Honors
Fellowship and Residency Awards (USA)
1) Best Paper Presentation ‘Resident and Fellows Research Day’ University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences 11/06/2013.
2) Winner of “How I do it” video presentation competition American Society of Breast Surgeons, 05/05/2013
3) Winner of Trauma Jeopardy Contest at the Austin Critical Care Conference, a state level competition between surgery residency programs, 02/06/2011.
4) Prof. Brad Aust Travel Fellowship Award given to one surgery resident at the UT Health Science Center San Antonio. 2010-11.
5) University Hospital Employee Recognition Silver Award in 2008 , by nomination from nursing staff a the University Hospital, San Antonio
Medical School Awards (India)
1)“Best Graduating Student of the Year” Trophy ,B.J Medical College 2003-2004.
2) Certificate of Merit for securing the 1st rank amongst 200 students in final year M.B.B.S. exam
3) Dr. V.R Dhavale award for securing the 1st rank in final year M.B.B.S. exam
4) Shri V.B Gokhale award for securing the 1st rank in final year M.B.B.S. exam
5) M.B. Unankar award for securing the 1st rank in final year M.B.B.S.exam
6) Dr S.A Chobe award for securing the 1st rank in final year M.B.B.S.exam
7) Certificate of Merit for securing the 1st rank in Surgery at the final M.B.B.S exam
8) Dr. G.V Karve prize for securing the 1st rank in Surgery at final M.B.B.S exam
9) Dr Nerlikar prize for securing the 1st rank in Surgery at the final M.B.B.S exam
10) Shri Vinayak Sheth prize for securing the 1st rank in Surgery at the final M.B.B.S exam
11) Late Dr. P.M Ketkar Prize for standing 1st in Surgery at the final M.B.B.S exam
12) Certificate of Merit for securing the 2nd rank in 2nd year M.B.B.S.exam
13) Dr V.R. Gokhale prize for standing 1st in forensic medicine in 2nd year M.B.B.S exam
14) B.Chintoba prize for standing 1st in forensic medicine in 2nd year M.B.B.S exam
15) Dr. Malati Lagoo prize for standing 2nd and securing high standard of achievement in 1st year
Community Awareness Work
Breast Health Talks and Screening Camps with
Prabhat Sakhi Manch 31/08/2013, Pune
Mercedez Benz International School 10/10/ 2013
Aker Powergas Solutions 16/10/ 2013
HealthBerries Clinic, 19/10/ 2013
Rotary Club Pune Horizon & Ruby Hall Clinic 20/10/2013
Gadgil Kulsammelan 12/1/ 2014
Gulsunde village 25/02/ 2014
Ifostretch, Prabhavee Tech Park, Pune 07/03/ 2014
Ruby Hall Clinic Wanowrie, Womens day event 08/03/ 2014
IBM 12/03/ 2014
Rotary Club of Pune, Far East 14/03/ 2014
Young Indians, Poona Club, 11/05/ 2014
Sakal Times, Womens Wellness, 16/06/ 2014
Accelya Kale Solutions, 18/07/2014
Agarwal Club 20/07/2014
SNDT Girls College 05/09/2014
Lions Club, Sinhagad Rd, 23/01/2015
Jubilant Life Sciences 31/01/2015
Tata Motors 11/02/2015
Jain group, Wadagaon Sheri, 28/02/2015
L & T Infotech 09/03/2015
RCM Gujrathi High school, 22/02/2015
Swayamsiddha Mahila Mandal, 4/4/2015
Pune Metagraph 29/07/2015
DSK Vishwa Ladies Forum 05/09/2015
Poona Club Ladies Forum 13/10/2015
Rotary Club of Pune Koregaon Park 19/11/2015
Rotary Club of Pune East 9/3/2017
PYC Club Pune 14/10/18
St Joseph High School Pashan, 19/10/2019
Tungaratan School, Gulsunde, Raigad 16/1/2019
"Life After cancer" session - Jupiter Hospital 6/2/2019
JCB Talegaon 22/2/2019
Dr Pranjali Gadgil, Breast Surgeon
Dr. Pranjali Gadgil is a breast surgeon and breast disease specialist, practicing in Pune, India. She has a fellowship in breast cancer from the society of surgical oncology USA. Her practice interests include benign and malignant breast diseases.
Dr Gadgil graduated top of her class at B.J Medical College Pune where she was a gold medalist in surgery. She completed her surgical training in the US, where she trained at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota and the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. She is a surgeon certified by the American Board of Surgery. She has completed a fellowship in breast surgery and breast surgical oncology the Winthrop P Rockefeller Cancer Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. During her young career has several international publications on breast cancer, a textbook chapter on screening mammography, and has helped develop an online tool for breast surgeons, that is available on the MD Anderson Cancer Center website. She has returned to practice in Pune in the last few years, and endeavors to improve breast care services available to women in India. She is actively involved in surgical education, breast cancer research and community awareness drives.